Saturday, August 11, 2012

Riding on home turf

My bike was dropped of by the FedEx truck on Thursday afternoon, I put the pieces back together that night. On Friday I took it into my local bike shop, The Bike Lane for a couple adjustments to the brakes and drivetrain. So this morning I headed out on my home turf for a chance to see if I really was a stronger rider, or maybe it was all in my head. My basic training course is along the Fairfax County Parkway bike path to the Route 123 bike path and then down into Occoquan Regional Park. Its seventeen miles out and then another seventeen back home. My best previous time was 2:16:15 last fall, this morning my time was almost five minutes faster at 2:11:30 a new personal best. I also set a new personal best on my assent of Occoquan Park Hill, with a time of 6:02, nineteen seconds faster than my previous fastest time on April 1, 2012. While I am still at the bottom of the rankings, I am getting close to that guy in front of me. We will see if I can knock him off before the end of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment