Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day #46, Liverpool NY to Little Falls NY


Breakfast was at 6:00; I made myself a waffle in the machine and had some instant oatmeal and yogurt.

We were on the road at 7:00, I rode with three of the Turtles, and we set a leisurely pace of about 14.5 mph and stuck to it all day. We passed some more sections of the Erie Canal but they were not as picturesque as yesterday. The roads were once again for the most part great, nice wide and clean shoulders to keep us out of the road.

The number of days is getting short, as I write this its only four more. Everyone seems to have slowed down their pace because they don't want the trip to end too quickly. We are stopping more often and I hear more chatter while riding.

As we travel east, we are doing much more city riding and having more interaction with cars and traffic. An eighty plus little grandmother cut off the group I was with today as she wandered over the white line and onto the shoulder as she passed. It was a narrow miss. Sam tracked her into a parking lot and told her how close she had come to wiping out the whole group.

The surgery on my shoe the other day was a total success, the toe is healing and I feel no pain or irritation while riding. Fashion wise some may question me calling it a success, you be the judge.

I made my last trip to the laundromat and now have four clean pair of bike shorts for the four remaining days of riding. The place was jammed with our group, it seemed everyone had the same idea after they arrived at the hotel. I also had Jim the trip mechanic take a look at the crank on my bike, it had developed a little wobble that he tightened up, but I do need to get a complete checkup on the bike when I get home.

Total Miles 3413.28
Total Hours 229.95
Trip Speed 14.8 mph
Slide show





No comments:

Post a Comment